cdrecord --scanbus on gentoo

Rajesh Monty praveen900 at rediffmail.com
Sun Sep 5 08:42:02 EDT 2004

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
-------------- next part --------------
After reading the cdwrite Howto on tldp.org  (shouldn't have I done that before rushing to a post on Blu?), I added hdc='ide-scsi' to the bootloader kernel parameters and modprobe ide-scsi to /sbin/rc. Now
cdrecord correctly identifies the CD-RW drive.
ide  drivers register all CDs as CD-R devices (ide-cd module)..so
ide-scsi later wouldn't find any unregistered drives.

Now, does anyone know what is the 'correct' file on gentoos to
do such boot-time initializations (ie 'modeprobe ide-scsi') ?