[Discuss] Audacity has gone nuts

Hi, all.

By any chance, does anyone on this list use Audacity? I used it to record
streaming content with no problem until it suddenly went nuts and provided
hugely distorted sound files, as if the volume had been turned up to 10. I
looked through the settings and even removed it and reinstalled it and
still got the same result.

I've looked in Audacity lists and found one question that was similar, but
I can't follow the discussion technically. I'm not that technical. Has
anyone on this list had a similar experience with Audacity? If so, how did
you solve the problem? Thanks.