[Discuss] International Keyboard for Fedora 28

localectl shows the current locale

You can list the keymaps:
sudo localectl list-keymaps
You can see the different groupings:
sudo localectl list-keymaps | grep us
sudo localectl list-keymaps | grep fr
I have not changed the layout for several years,
The actual keymap files are in /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/xkb
sudo localectl set-keymap <keymapname>