[Discuss] Linux has 100% of Market Share.

On 06/18/2018 04:22 PM, Bill Bogstad wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 5:59 AM Marco Milano <marco.milano at gmx.com> wrote:

>>> Thanks for the pointer to those charts.  100% Linux was apparently
>>> reached in last November's list so that is a very recent thing.
>>> The dominance of Linux goes back well over a decade with which I was aware.
>>
>> Most of the computational power is coming from the GPU units.
>> You can probably use almost any OS and still come on top on those
>> benchmarks as long as you have sufficient number of GPU units.
>> I don't think the top500 as relevant as before, it is more like a pissing
>> match between USA and China these days.
>
> I think it is just as relevant as it ever was.

I disagree, 20 years ago, that was the only option,
now anybody can "create" a virtual supercomputer in the cloud
as needed, as long as they have the funds for it.
So, less relevant now compared to 20 years ago.
If you look at the specs of this latest one, there is nothing special,
anybody with a fat wallet can create one, and that is exactly what this is.
Pissing match... between USA and China.

Systems on this list