[Discuss] Torrent of new spam

On February 15, 2017, Bill Horne wrote:
>The spammers have now put sucker-bait ads on Craigslist and other
>"free" venues, advertising sought-after goods for low prices, and
>then they harvest the addresses of anyone who responds.

Hmm... how does that work when Craigslist anonymizes all addresses
(e.g., abcde-5950223588 at sale.craigslist.org)? Do they spam the
anonymized address -- I wonder how long they endure -- or somehow
discover your real address?

I read email locally on my PC (in emacs), and my approach to spam is
to run spastic (spastic.sourceforge.net) and spamassassin in
sequence. The price is an additional few seconds before delivery to my
inbox, but the results are good.

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com