[Discuss] deadmanish login?

On 2/10/2017 10:44 PM, John Byrnes wrote:
> Hi Bill,
>

> On Sat, Feb 04, 2017 at 09:31:59AM -0500, Bill Horne wrote:
>> Thread hijack, sorry.
>>
>> Readers please state your preferences for Keepass, Password Safe, or other programs/methods for storing passwords.
> I keep my gpg encrypted passwords in a passwordstore [1] git
> repository. It's available on Linux and Android. I keep my GPG keys on a
> Yubikey Neo with NFC. This allows usage on NFC enabled Android
> phones. Synchronization is easy with git.
>

> [1] http://passwordstore.org/

Thank you, John: that looks very interesting, especially since it offers
Chrome and Firefox plugins, which I assume work on windoze machines
although I haven't read the whole doc file yet.

Frankly, I think that having an unencrypted list of passwords in a .txt
file would be better than using the same password on multiple sites, so
any program that allows me to have well-protected password storage would
be worth the work of synchronizing the files across platforms when a
password changes, but I'm wondering what you all think about the
algorithms currently being used to encrypt retained passwords in those
browsers, and if pass is harder to crack/easier to use/more
wholesome/less filling.

Thanks in advance!

Bill Horne