[Discuss] KVM, virt-manager, and CentOS7

Hi,

On Thu, February 9, 2017 11:40 am, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> Here's the problem with all this.
>
> 8 characters for a name. Yes, in a hypothetical sense you have
> 2.183401056?10^14 possible passwords if you use 8 ascii alpha/numeric
> characters with no punctuation characters, but the vast majority of that
> space are random strings not suitable for nicknames or meaningful
> identifiers. For instance, I can't see that any remaining meaningful
> permutations of "john smith" could possibly be left. How many email
> addresses do they assign a year? How many back-logged names did they
> create at first?
>
> When an alum dies, does their email address become available?

Generally @mit.edu addresses are "recovered" approximately 1-2 years after
they leave MIT.  There are exceptions for certain classes of people whose
accounts remain "sponsored".  It's unclear what happens if a sponsored
account owner passes.

Then there are "alum.mit.edu" accounts, which is MIT's "Email Forwarding
for Life", which allows more than 8 characters, so there's really no
issue.

-derek