[Discuss] EOMA68 Computer

On 7/20/2016 3:26 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> Also, the computers of 2000-2008 were much more robust than today's
> thin, light, cut glass ornaments that pass for laptops. I bought two

Certainly, most of what's out there is pretty flimsy but it has nothing
to do with being thin and sleek. It's the BGA (ball grid array) surface
mountings which has replaced PGA (pin grid array) in consumer
electronics. BGA is crap. It has a lot of mechanical problems which make
it significantly less durable and much harder to inspect for defects
than PGA mountings. Even something that looks like it can take a beating
probably can't due to the BGA mountings. Main board gets flexed? Dead
computer.

--
Rich P.