[Discuss] Notebook Recommendations?

On Mon, 2 May 2016 20:12:20 -0400
Kent Borg <kentborg at borg.org> wrote:

> Seems he
> was looking for the manager, who wanted to shake my hand and thank me
> for buying from them, from a real store, and not just using them as a
> computer lab for testing and buying online.

That's such a sad story. I guarantee you when all the bricks and mortar
stores are gone, web mail order customer service will take a nosedive.

> Microcenter is a valuable
> resource, I am happy to buy stuff from them pretty regularly.

Yes indeed. Our last local computer store with reasonable inventory,
Tigerdirect, just closed, and I'm missing it hugely. First, mail order
isn't especially happy when you have one six dollar gender bender
keeping you from completing your project. Second, there's nothing like
questioning a knowledgeable salesperson, in person, in trying to get
closest to ideal for a mobo, cpu and ram that will work with each other.

I agree with you. If I "computer lab test" something, it tests out to
be what I want, and it's within 25% of the online price, I'm going to
buy it where I tested it.

SteveT

Steve Litt
April 2016 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21