[Discuss] Looking for a replacement RSS/Atom feed reader extension for use with Firefox

On Thu, Apr 28, 2016 at 02:16:28PM -0400, Bill Bogstad wrote:
> Any suggestions?   I would consider a non-Firefox extension if it was
> Android/Linux desktop cross-platform, wasn't an aggregator, and had an
> easy way to sync feeds across multiple systems.

I set up an instance of Tiny Tiny RSS (www.tt-rss.org) which is
a web application, very much like Google Reader used to be.

+ Completely sync'd for as many devices as I want to use
+ Available at any web browser
+ Works well on phone and tablet browsers with an optional
  front-end
+ Has native clients available on some platforms
+ Multiuser if you want it to be
+ Open source and free

Downsides:

- requires you to run it on a server that is currently awake
  (Not very resource-intensive; many people run it on what I
  would consider very underpowered hardware.)
- requires a database (supports MySQL and Postgresql)
- main developer does not suffer fools gladly. He mostly writes
  this because it suits his own needs, and doesn't make enough
  money to inspire him to be polite to people who don't read the
  FAQ.

-dsr-