[Discuss] Permission denied

On 4/21/2016 3:05 PM, Daniel Barrett wrote:
> If only it were that simple. The Administrators ACL already has Full
> Control of parent "foo" and all its contents, recursively. We have
> also run a recursive "Change Permissions" operation several times for
> "foo", just to be sure, without fixing the problem.

Well. Someone set the permissions pretty badly. With great power comes
great ease in shooting yourself in the foot. My understanding of fixing
that is to back up the permissions just in case (yes, you can do this
with NTFS) and run icacls with /RESET to delete the current permissions
and restore the filesystem defaults.

And check the permissions on C:\ just in case the problem is at the top.

Also, your trick on Linux? I can make it so that "sudo rm -f" won't
delete the file or directory and you won't be able to fix it if you
don't know how I did it.

--
Rich P.