[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] I need some dual-booting advice
- Subject: [Discuss] I need some dual-booting advice
- From: richard.pieri at gmail.com (Rich Pieri)
- Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 11:44:35 -0400
I have a couple of workstations I need to get set up. The owner wants to have both Windows and RHEL6 on them. Either dual-boot or running Windows in a virtual machine on Linux hosts is acceptable to the owner. Both operating systems need to be available to multiple users on the console (not simultaneously) and if Windows is virtualized then automatic USB pass through from the console is required. These last two have me stumped for the best way to get these set up. My first attempt was with KVM but USB pass through is a manual process that has to be performed by an administrator for each device. This is not viable. My second attempt was with a VMware workstation shared virtual machine which I discovered the hard way doesn't do USB pass through at all. Is there some virtalization trick that I'm missing, something that will do a shared virtual machine with automatic USB pass through or is dual-booting the only way to get this working? -- Rich P.
- Prev by Date: [Discuss] licensing: who freakin cares?
- Next by Date: [Discuss] Simplest HTML hosting for a 9-year-old engineer?
- Previous by thread: [Discuss] Simplest HTML hosting for a 9-year-old engineer?
- Next by thread: [Discuss] I need some dual-booting advice