[Discuss] licensing: who freakin cares?

On 4/10/2016 10:14 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> If that's indeed the context, it should be pointed out that such loss
> involved Claws, Dovecot and Debian, not just Claws.

No, it's not. That particular issue wasn't mail loss. It was a path
change that made maildir folders seem to vanish until the path was
corrected.

> Claws-Mail is by no means perfect, but I think any mention of an
> anecdote where a developer said email loss is OK should be
> referenced to put it in context.

The discussion wasn't about fixing mail loss bugs in Claws, though. It
was more about making the effort not to make changes in ways that could
lead to mail loss. It was probably on the developers list, not the users
list, so maybe that's why I can't find it.

--
Rich P.