[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Discuss] licensing: who freakin cares?
- Subject: [Discuss] licensing: who freakin cares?
- From: eric.chadbourne at icloud.com (Eric Chadbourne)
- Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 00:27:08 -0400
- In-reply-to: <5709B38B.email@example.com>
- References: <1E33A4DC-8FF0-4688-87B6-9C61D8AC45CA@icloud.com> <5709B38B.firstname.lastname@example.org>
> On Apr 9, 2016, at 9:59 PM, Rich Pieri <richard.pieri at gmail.com> wrote: > > On 4/9/2016 4:14 PM, Eric Chadbourne wrote: >> I bet most of you really don't care. I know most non-tech humans >> couldn't care less. > > True. They want their kit to work. That's usually the highest priority, > although the tolerance for bugs and crashes has long since become > disturbing to me. > +1 > Second highest is that their kit interoperates with their co-workers' > and cow-orkers' kits, their friends' and family members' kits and so forth. > > Heck, most tech humans want these things, too. Exactly! > > I care about licensing because I don't want RMS's "users' utopia" to > come to pass. You know that isn't gonna happen. Diversity of schemes could be beneficial. - Eric The one who might be wrong.