[Discuss] Govt Source Code Policy

You wrote:

>> it's actually a giant corporate handout because companies will have
greater
>> access to publicly funded works that they can then incorporate into
>> proprietary works.

You assert that OSS means greater access than free (as in FSF) software.
How is what you wrote *not* about denying or restricting access?

> public works can be turned into proprietary works that THEN we the people would
> be denied free access.

Hardly. A BSD license, for example, would ensure that everyone has equal
access to the Govt's code whether it be for proprietary uses or
otherwise. The GPL, on the other hand, would restrict use of public
works to only non-proprietary uses.

--
Rich P.