[Discuss] Govt Source Code Policy

The critical piece of information missing is what license they plan to
release it under.  Will it be GPL?  Some other GPL-compatible license?
Some GPL-incompatible license?  Public domain?  They don't say.

But they are asking for public comment.  As important as it may be to
get them to use the right terminology (Free Software instead of Open
Source), I think it's far more important to try to get them to specify
that the code will be licensed under some version of the GPL.  I'm sure
the FSF would prefer we advocate for GPLv3, but could we live with GPLv2
if that was the best we could get?

    Mark Rosenthal