[Discuss] Setting up a home cloud

Thanks. BTW: At Algorithmics, we used the WD MyBook as our backup
device. It was a BusyBox system and quite slow. I had it set up as an
rsnapshot engine. Power fails could cause some problems. We also backed
up to our NYC office. Not sure what I will do yet.

BTW: One advantage of buying disks separately is to mitigate the
multiple simultaneous failure issue by avoiding 2 drives with the same
lot #. I have also heard good things about the HP microserver.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix