[Discuss] systemd explanations

My explanation on how to use systemd, after many hair-pulling exercises at the
console of a server that refuses to reboot because of the
turtles-all-the-way-down problem of systemd script interdependencies:

When confronted with the option of systemd or nothing, write your own damn
script that brings the system up your own way, so that it's understandable
next time you need to wake up at 2:30am and bring the system back up. Systemd
is a perfectly fine boot-loader, somewhat easier than the toggle switches of a
KI-10, but for anything beyond that--don't try to customize systemd startup,
you'll be sorry. The distro-packaging teams for the likes of Ubuntu, OpenSuSE,
Debian, etc have many more QA engineers than you do, so they can afford to
tweak systemd.

Systemd is not for mortals. :-)

-rich