[Discuss] one vs many static IP addresses

Happy new year BLU,

My new years resolution was to clean up my static IP addresses I have
with verizon and comcast. Being an linux nut I decided to keep both
verizon and comcast static IP addresses, but figured there's no real
need for both and just to stick with one provider. In this "clean up",
I'm consolidating a bunch of domain names set to the comcast ip
addresses to the verizon ones.

Currently I have 5 comcast static ip addresses and 5 verizon static ip
address. The reason I got 5 in the first place with comcast when I first
got my access to the internet when I moved into my home, was that it was
like only a few dollars more a month to have 5 instead of 1. But now
that I'm consolidating my domain names, and the use of apache virtual
hosting, the question I have is if there is any reason to use more then
1 static IP address to run my web and sshd services from my basement
server? Would it make sense that if I have more than one server in my
basement and I want each of them to access the internet directly, then I
would assign one static IP to each server. If I only have one server in
my basement then only one IP address would be sufficient. Or is there
another subtly I'm missing regarding static IP address and how apache
would use them? Currently, in order to assign them IP addresses, I have
several network cards in my server and then have aliased some of the
network cards with multiple ip addresses. It seems to me the cleanest
way of managing the IP addresses is to just assign one ip address to one
network card and then use the apache virtual host configuration to run
multiple web sites off a single IP address.

Any thoughts on the matter would be very helpful.

Thanks BLU.

Cheers. Steve.