[Discuss] Experiences virtualizing: Linux hosted in Windows vs Windows hosted in Linux

On 11/15/2015 2:09 AM, Bill Bogstad wrote:
> Of course modern machines are 10x (or more) faster then the machines
> that Win 9X was originally used with so that may not matter depending
> on your application.   In the end, the only way to know for sure is to
> try it.

It still /matters/. The crap memory management is still there regardless
of how much faster computers are today than they were 20 years ago. How
/much/ it matters is is relative.

WINE may be a better option for running legacy applications. No crap
memory management and no overhead of running virtual machines. I haven't
needed Windows 9x for anything in a long time but if I did I would try
WINE first.

--
Rich P.