[Discuss] Linux on laptops

On Fri, Nov 13, 2015 at 03:57:05PM +0000, Mike Small wrote:

> And Costco? You don't vomit in your mouth a little bit walking into
> a place like that? Is that what you want your city to have in it?

I'm quite happy to have a CostCo in Waltham.

They treat their employees well. So well, in fact, that when a small
group of employees at the local CostCo shared in a giant Lotto prize,
half of them decided to keep working at CostCo.

If you need the quantities that they sell in, their quality is first-rate
and the prices are very good.

Buying electronics at CostCo is an excellent proposition, because they
have a liberal return policy and, as previously mentioned, good prices.

The employees don't know much about the televisions and computers,
but they also don't pretend to be experts on them, the way that Best
Buy salescritters do. They never push for an extended warranty.

Want to run Linux on a laptop you buy there? Go ahead. Want to
return it because there's a hardware defect? Go right ahead.

It's not Walmart.

-dsr-