[Discuss] Profiting from GPL software

In other words, you saw GPL'ed software and initially thought to yourself,
"Hey! Free stuff! I can take what these gullible fools are giving away for
free, make a few tweaks, and profit from the result without going to all
the trouble of reinventing all the wheels that they give away for free!"

Then, on closer examination, you found that the GPL was cleverly designed
to prevent people like you from taking unfair advantage of their work like
that, and now you're carrying around a chip on your shoulder full of sour
grapes.