[Discuss] Stallman stubborn

On Wed, Nov 11, 2015 at 06:35:50PM -0500, Shirley M?rquez D?lcey wrote:
> RMS hasn't made much money but it was never his goal. He has probably
> done as much to change the world as Jobs, Gates, or Bezos has, so he
> is a success in his own way.

I can't really agree... When I first heard of GNU, GPL, and FSF, I
thought they were all great ideas.  Then I had some interaction with
rms and he permanently soured me on pretty much all of those things.
The gnome and systemd guys are not helping, either.

There are lots of people in the community who are open-source software
advocates, but very strongly anti- rms, GPL, gnome, and/or systemd.
Some of the reason IS technical...  A lot of the reason is the
attitude of the people involved.  When those who should be your allies
are your enemies because they don't want to deal with your
shenanigans, I can't call that success.

-=-=-=-=-