[Discuss] Dropping obsolete commands (Linux Pocket Guide)

While writing the third edition of my book, "Linux Pocket Guide"
(O'Reilly), which focuses on Linux commands that are the most useful
to know, I am considering dropping some topics that were in the
previous edition. I welcome any opinions on whether the following
commands are still widely useful enough to keep in the book.

1. dump and restore

I grew up with these commands, but personally haven't used them in
well over a decade. What do you think?

2. finger and chfn

Likewise. Does anybody make use of finger information anymore, whether
on a single host or multiple?

3. telnet

I'm planning to mention telnet only for its utility in hitting
arbitrary ports (telnet myhost 80), and to drop all discussion of
remote logins with telnet, since it's largely been replaced by
ssh. (And maybe have a footnote about kerberized telnet being OK for
logins.)  Agree/disagree?

4. dnsdomainname, nisdomainname, ypdomainname

These are just links to /bin/hostname for convenience and I never run
them. Do you?

5. write and talk

More commands I grew up with, but I suspect these have been completely
obsoleted by instant messaging. (Though I always liked "banner wake up
| write joe". :-)) Any reason to keep them?

6. Usenet

The 2nd edition still covered slrn, but personally haven't run a
newsreader in years.

Thanks for any insights & opinions!

--
Dan Barrett