[Discuss] Debian adds another systemd dependency, Busybox drops it

> Now that the war of words is over, a lot of very smart people are
> surgically removing systemd, and it's being noticed. And they're all

.. niche distros snipped .. Android is by far the most popular linux-distro, around a Billion users, and it's systemd-free

DEBIAN
used to run Debian on Android - it's easy to switch to libc shell/apps via chroot or running /lib/ld.so after setting nv-vars

unfortunately new hard-deps on systemd-related stuff present all sorts of problems when trying to run debian in these scenarios
warnings bubbling into errors, assumptions that systemd will be there, installer-hooks failing. just significantly more facepalm

these annoyances just went away when using distros that dont expect systemd stuff to exist in the first place, like voidlinux

GENTOO
on Gentoo, systemd is an option, have got a systemd variant built just for curiosity's sake, and sometimes i want to play
with Wayland or Weston or other compositors on bleeding-edge intelvideo in tablets which expects systemd-logind to exist

if Debian doesnt offer the choice, that sounds like a deficiency in the distro's ability to mold packages to the users needs

on Gentoo essentally you add USE=systemd, rebuild the world with --newuse, and youre good to go either direction

then you set INIT= to what you want in /etc/default/grub and rerun grub-mkconfig

if your distro doesnt give you a choice, it sucks