[Discuss] Debian adds another systemd dependency, Busybox drops it

On 11/3/2015 10:31 AM, Thompson, David wrote:
> Systemd drama aside, an unprivileged Xorg sounds very useful.  Does

It's not really an unpriviliged X server. They've moved the privilege
elevation from the file system (setuid root binary) to logind and the
kernel. Debian have implemented Hans De Goede's hack. There are some
onerous restrictions:

* Dependency on systemd.
* Kernel video driver. If KMS does not work on a given box then this
does not work, either.
* The X server can only run on the virtual console used to start it.
* X server log files are stored in home directories.

--
Rich P.