[Discuss] Nexus 5X

On 09/29/2015 03:22 PM, Shirley M?rquez D?lcey wrote:
> One word on why an app needs 100MB: games. All those visuals and
> sounds take up space.

Yes, sampling reality with pictures and sound recordings is expensive,
and making up an artificial reality also takes up space.

But why does my Kindle app need 125MB, not counting books?

Why does the Wall Street Journal need 20MB just for the app? (Not data.)
Boston Globe: 18MB?
Chrome browser: 67MB?
Firefox: 52MB?
TuneIn Radio Pro: 53MB?
Google Hangouts: 54MB?
Twitter: 51MB?
Kayak reservations program: 40MB?
Calendar: 36MB?
Gmail: 37MB?
FlightView Free: 29MB?
Wordpress client app: 27MB?

For all of these I am not counting what is reported as "Data" or
"Cache",  these are just the "App" numbers.

These seem like crazy big numbers to me. It looks to me like these apps
are growing to fill space. And now that the .apk file limit has doubled,
I am assuming many of these numbers are set to double, because they can.

Looking for a 3D game all I seem to have is Tux Rider: a mere 8MB.

-kb, the ancient and grizzled Kent who remembers when a kilobyte was
significant.