[Discuss] Nexus 5X

Lots of apps take up over 100MB.  Microsoft Office mobile apps take
HUNDREDS of MB.  I think the last time I tried to install Word for my
tablet it was 350MB.

If you go with a device made by Samsung you can look forward to all of the
bloatware expanding as updates are applied.  My Galaxy Tab S 8.4 had 16GB
of storage.  They preinstalled a bunch of apps I didn't want, like Hanscom
Office which took nearly 700MB, or the New York Times, which was I think
70MB.  I was constantly battling for space to apply updates on that device,
despite having a memory card installed.

I heard Apple is doing something smart with their new iPhone 6S.  Instead
of downloading an app that has the code needed to run on all iPhones the
new model will download just what's required to run.  This is their
justification for continuing to sell a phone with only 16GB of
non-expandable storage.