[Discuss] memory management

I use Firefox on several Linux systems and one MacOS Snow Leopard system.
I've never seen this problem on the Linux systems, but both Firefox and
Google Chrome would routinely use up the memory on the MacOS system to the
point where the entire system became unresponsive, and all too often I had
to forcibly power-cycle the machine to recover.

Since setting up the launch script I posted a few days ago that uses ulimit
before invoking Firefox,the problem has been far less severe. It now takes
a lot longer before memory starts to run out, and when it reaches that
point, Firefox crashes instead of rendering the whole system unresponsive.

In terms of usability, I find these Firefox crashes a *HUGE* improvement.