[Discuss] Fedora - How to enable yum-updatesd

An upgrade from Debian 7 to 8 botched up my desktop, so on gaf's
recommendation, I installed Fedora (21) and installed using the MATE spin.

Up until yesterday (it's been installed for two days), I have manually
run YUM Extender (via GUI) to download and install any updates, however
I learned MATE has an applet (mate-applet-softupd) that will display
when updates are available, but that depends on yum-updatesd to work. So
I also installed yum-updatesd, but when I run 'systemctl
list-unit-files', it tells me yum-updatesd.service is disabled.

I remember when I first used SuSE, that came with a GUI application that
listed all of the daemons and what run levels they started at, which
could also be changed, but the Fedora MATE spin didn't include this GUI
application. I forgot what the name of that application was and I don't
know if Fedora even has the same application or something similar.

I also looked in cron.daily and cron.hourly and yum-updatesd wasn't
listed in either.

Is there an easy way to enable this (preferably via the GUI) so I'm
prompted when updates are available?

Thanks for any information.