[Discuss] NAS Folder Encryption

On 4/24/2015 2:33 PM, Rich Braun wrote:
> Here's what I want for my home server, which like Aldo's is
> accessible via the Internet: I want all sensitive files (e.g., tax
> forms, business records, personal correspondence) kept encrypted AT
> ALL TIMES except when I'm actually looking at them.

I have this now. In fact, I've had it for years. It's called a TrueCrypt
container file. It is mounted as a favorite when I need it. It is
dismounted automatically when the TC executable exits or the container
is idle for several minutes. I use a pass phrase but you could use key
files on a flash drive if you are concerned about key logging attacks.

http://istruecryptauditedyet.com/
http://blog.cryptographyengineering.com/2015/04/truecrypt-report.html

As an aside specific to iPhone's security mechanisms, touch screen locks
are not even close to invulnerable:

Bruteforcing the iOS Screenlock
http://blog.mdsec.co.uk/2015/03/bruteforcing-ios-screenlock.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meEyYFlSahk