[Discuss] "Stack Script" (shell script) to build Ubuntu LAMP + on Linode

Of course you could do the same thing, where /var/www/www.foobar.com is itself a mountpoint. But by using a nonstandard location such as /srv, you're breaking the default selinux and apparmor rules - so you'll have to manually configure those rules -

PS. Never expose a web server to the internet without selinux and/or apparmor. And various other security measures.