[Discuss] Request to the community

On Wed, Apr 08, 2015 at 04:26:14PM -0400, Bruce W wrote:
> Hello Boston Linux Community!
>
> I am looking for three software developers who would be willing to discuss
> their experiences writing and developing open source software products.
> The conversation will take about 30 minutes and I will be asking about the
> differences between open source and proprietary software development.  This
> is not a job interview nor is it a sales/marketing pitch.  I will not ask
> you to discuss anything that is proprietary or personal.

It's really very simple.

When you work in proprietary software, any time you buy somebody else's
product/library/application/service, you need to pay them and also follow
the terms of their proprietary license.

When you work in open source software, you need to follow the
terms of their open source license.

When you produce whatever product or service, you need to be in compliance
with the terms of the licenses of all the products you used, proprietary
and open source, or else you will be sued.

See? Very simple.

-dsr-