[Discuss] OT: Do CS grads need calculus?

John says "I have to say that I have never in a successful 40-year programming career ever needed to know calculus."

To which I respond:  I have never, in my career, needed my degree.  But I'm glad to have it.

And do CS grads need Acting I, or Music Theory I?  Those were the free electives that I chose.  Why not abolish free electives if we are only concerned about what's strictly directly applicable to a career?  I am personally in favor of all these classes - and I've got to say - to my surprise, Acting I was the most rewarding class I ever took, contributing more than any other to my personal success and wellbeing.