[Discuss] Thin Provisioned LVM

> On 3/11/2015 1:13 PM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
>> Yes, please, oh please, put some links that describe "best practices"
>> that
>> address my "complaints" as there are none that anyone I have ever known
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zfs+best+practices+memory
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zfs+best+practices+database
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=zfs+best+practices+sparse+volumes

Again, like I said, these do not address the problems. Specifically, the
post about sparse volumes says nothing about how to keep a ZFS pool from
growing out of control on a sparse presented to it from a SAN. It merely
says give ZFS whole disks, which is stupid.

The performance "best practice" show how to improve performance on ZFS,
but not how to make the performance on ZFS equivalent to much thinner
volume management.

ZFS has a lot of good qualities for a number of applications, but it is
just bad for a lot of other applications.

> Was that so hard?

Yes, because it didn't have any usable information.