[Discuss] adb devices and Macbook Air/Pro old and new

Here is the latest -

I tried to plug in a USB 2.0 hub between the newer Macbook Air and the
charging cart - still adb devices displayed only eight tablets.

adb version revealed 1.0.29, so I downloaded the newest, 1.0.32, and
there was no change.

I saw one post where someone plugged in a tablet into their problem
laptop and it installed the older driver, so I plugged a tablet
directly into my Mac and tried again.  Same result.

Details from About This Mac -

Built-in USB - AppleUSBXHCI

About the cart:

USB2.0 Hub

Product ID: 0x0608
Vendor ID: 0x05e3 (Genesys Logic, Inc)
Version: 32.98

Hub:

Product ID: 0x2513
Vendor ID: 0x0424 (SMSC)
Version: b.b3

We have six trays, each of which old eight tablets.

Any other insights/ideas welcome.

Thanks.

Scott