[Discuss] Color Laser question

On March 4, 2015, Dan Ritter wrote:
>HP Pro 400 or Enterprise P3015dn are pretty comparable.

I have an HP LaserJet Pro M451dn. The pros are:

- Sets up easily on Linux, Mac, and Windows.

- Gorgeous color output.

- Reasonably priced under $300.

The cons are:

- A complete set of toner (4 cartridges) costs more than the printer.

- The printer tells you that a cartridge is "low" LONG before it runs
out.  Like hundreds of pages early. With four cartridges, this means
your printer displays "low toner" like 80% of the time. I find this
very annoying.

- Nitpick: When the printer is asleep, a green LED on the front panel
blinks constantly. (It's purpose is to tell you that the printer is
asleep... pure genius!) It's annoying, and there's no way to disable
it. If you cover it with black tape, you lose functionality because
the LED serves more important purposes when the printer wakes up.

  "Every time I press one of these black controls, labelled in black
on a black background, a little black light lights up black to let me
know I've done it." (Douglas Adams, HHGTTG)

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com