[Discuss] [Position-available] Job posting

To post your own position-available or position-wanted
message, please follow the procedure at:
http://blu.wikispaces.com/job+posting+policy

Job Description:

Hyannis Port Research in, Newton, is seeking a motivated and passionate
Linux, C++/C based, real-time software engineer to develop high-performance,
low-latency, transactional server systems to support our leading proprietary
electronic trading platform. This is an excellent opportunity to leverage
your strong design and coding skills, decomposing high-level problems into
detailed components and/or subsystems. You will be part of a small team of
engineers working on interesting/cutting edge technology.  We are working
with FPGA's/Linux/High-performance real-time embedded models all the way to
Java front end work.  In essence we are pushing the laws of physics with our
hardware design while also writing software applications that present
amazing challenges.

Required Skill-set:

BSCS/BSCE/BSEE or advanced degree 8-15 years of  experience designing,
developing, debugging real-time C++/C transaction-oriented applications in a
Linux/Unix environment

*  Experience interfacing with kernel and hardware/device drivers Strong
understanding of the Linux implementation of the TCP/IP stack and related
kernel functionality

*  Experience with concurrency and multi-threaded architectures

*  Networking TCP/IP, Ethernet, LANS

*  Proficiency in Linux environment preferred

*  Entrepreneurial spirit

*  Strong Communication skills

*  Ability to create something without a lot of direction

*  Business savvy; problem solver, able to conceptualize

Job Type: Permanent, Full time, Onsite in Newton

Compensation:   $120k or DOE, 3 weeks' vacation, bonus, possible stock
options

Company Description:

Hyannis Port Research (HPR) builds proprietary technology products that
empower next-generation Electronic trading. We address the growing need of
all market participants to create or modernize their systems in order to
compete in the new, highly automated electronic markets. HPR is an early
stage start-up in a high growth, lucrative field.

Location:   Newton, MA

Direct hire - Hyannis Port Research

Dana Farnan

Recruiter

Hyannis Port Research

233 Needham Street, Suite 203

Newton, MA  02464

(617) 454-1055 x 726

www.hyannisportresearch.com <http://www.hyannisportresearch.com/>

 <http://www.linkedin.com/in/danafarnan/> www.linkedin.com/in/danafarnan/

We are currently hiring for:

Principal Engineer - Linux, C/C++, Networking, Real-time

Technical Support Engineers

Test Engineer

** Referrals are always appreciated**