[Discuss] os x = poop?

Hi Eric,

> Why would somebody want to use [OS X]?

OS X gets the work done with minimum fuss and management/updating overhead.

My machine has sailed smoothly through several OS upgrades, regular updates
are painless, the UI is stable even if the "skin" is adjusted from time to
time, and virtualization software takes care of running Windows / Linux
when I need them.

I don't really use iCloud. If anything is going to push me onto Linux, it
will probably be the relentless push by the other big three (Apple,
Microsoft, and Google) to get all of my data into their proprietary clouds
(iCloud, OneDrive, and Drive accordingly).

Your comments are mainly about not liking the default set of software. Most
of those can be addressed by careful choice of 3rd-party tools to fit your
needs.

Some people are concerned about recent state of the platform, though:

http://www.marco.org/2015/01/04/apple-lost-functional-high-ground
HN thread on the above: https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=8836734
http://glog.glennf.com/blog/2015/1/6/the-software-and-services-apple-needs-to-fix

Yours,