[Discuss] Insync vs Google Drive client

> From: Discuss [mailto:discuss-bounces+blu=nedharvey.com at blu.org] On
> Behalf Of Scott Ehrlich
>
> And, other than Insync, what other competitors/options exist for
> Mac/Win users to sync data to gd on the web without needing the gd
> client?

This may not answer the question, because you specifically said you're sticking with GD.  Your files are not private in GD; their employees have access to your files, they openly state they use your data to give you targeted ads (makes you wonder if any of their employees ever misuse anybody's data, like those cops who swapped nude photos they got off peoples phones).  They sometimes provide your data to 3rd parties; they openly state they provide it to the government, and they scan peoples content for anything they suspect being illegal (child porn and copyright infringement top the list) and they turn their own users in to law enforcement.

I work for Concept Blossom, our product is Synctuary.  The whole point of Synctuary is to be a private cloud file service, where you actually control your own privacy.

There's another behavior of GD, that is an unpleasant surprise for a lot of people:  Their concept of ownership. If you create a directory and share it with someone, then you create some files and they create some files, you are each the owners of the files that you created.  So if they delete something you created, it's only deleted from their view (because they weren't the owner) so you are out of sync with each other, but neither of you will know unless you explicitly compare your content with the content they have on their system.  Conversely, if you delete something of theirs, it's actually deleted, because you own the folder.  So...  Weird.