[Discuss] SQLAlchemy Has Annoyances

On 02/05/2015 01:45 PM, Mike Small wrote:
> So in his case could he use only one class and map it to many tables?
> i.e. when finished with one temporary table and moving on to a second
> one,

I tried that, and SQL Alchemy complains.

> could he sweep out all the old class members (member variables or
> methods -- I don't know how the mapping to columns is done here) and
> add new ones corresponding to the new set of columns?

I don't dare do surgery on the class unless I also do matching surgery
on the private data structures they are maintaining to map between a
class and SQL. The don't watch the class dynamically, that is why I have
to make a mapper call.

I also considered lifting from their code that frees all the mappings
and just free the one I want, but that seemed dangerous and getting is
too deep.

-kb