[Discuss] Finance software for Linux

On January 13, 2015, Rich Braun wrote:
>It looks like the end of the road for desktop finance [...].
>I truly lament the state of this industry.

+1 on that. I'm still running Quicken 2006 (old but very reliable) in
a Windows XP VM (with networking turned off), importing stock quotes
from Yahoo's API as CSV files, because there seems to be nothing
better and things Just Work. In theory, this solution should continue
to work as long as VMware runs on Linux, which should be a long time.

As for tax software, I continue to use TurboTax on the desktop and
fork out the extra $20 for the elevated version of the software
because it works. Yeah, Intuit's approach to software upgrades is
greedy, but as far as Pure Evil In The World is concerned, Intuit is
barely a blip on the map. (I'll balance things out by donating extra
to Doctors Without Borders this year....)

--
Dan Barrett
dbarrett at blazemonger.com