[Discuss] No-SQL Database Recommendation?

On 2015-01-11 17:58, Kent Borg wrote:
> I would like something that has a nice Python API. But if I can't I
> can't. If the no-SQL part has to be discarded, so be it.
>
> I don't need relational features, but I don't mind if my database
> supports them. There is nothing in my data that needs a free-format
> key/value features. Maybe there is a nice Python interface to
> PostgreSQL that hides SQL bits, but I doubt it.

Have you considered SQLAlchemy <www.sqlalchemy.org>? It has a Core layer
that is essentially a Python interface to SQL and an ORM layer that
allows you to use objects to implicitly manipulate the database. In
addition, you can swap out backends, so you're not necessarily stuck
with an initial DB choice.

Chris