[Discuss] No-SQL Database Recommendation?

On 1/11/2015 4:26 PM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> Exactly, you are the one who brought up "relational" and the OP only
> mentioned SQL.

Mark,

Kent asked about "No-SQL Database". This means one of two things. One is
the NoSQL RDBMS. The other is the NoSQL philosophy. The former seems
unlikely given the context of Kent's original post. The latter seems
likely. NoSQL as a philosophy means "eschewing the relational model",
thus me using relational vs. non-relational is relevant. NoSQL is a
poorly chosen name for the movement and NoSQL's author has suggested
that it be called NoREL instead.

Kent,

If by "No-SQL" you mean "does not use SQL" then I suggest that you
compile a list of interfaces that you want to use, or are willing to
use, and submit that as a base line for recommendations.

--
Rich P.