[Discuss] No-SQL Database Recommendation?

On 1/10/2015 5:39 PM, markw at mohawksoft.com wrote:
> Using a free database like PostgreSQL will EASILY handle what you want to do.

Indeed. There are only two technical reasons for rejecting relational
databases out of hand. Neither of them are in the listed requirements.

The first is that your data doesn't fit neatly into table rows. Hospital
patient records are my go-to example. Relational databases suck at
storing and retrieving this kind of data. Trying to make the data fit
into tables anyway is a recipe for disaster.

The second is that you need to scale beyond the capacity of the
underlying hardware to handle relational queries. This means very large
data sets and very complex queries. Relational database performance
drops in proportion to data size and query complexity.

--
Rich P.