[Discuss] os x postresql startup question

Hi All,

I just got a new mac mini for the holidays. I?ve been living on gnu/linux for the last decade and it?s kind of fun to play in another OS.  Learning lots of new stuff.  Been reading through Swift documentation, history of XNU, and the like.

I installed PostgreSQL via the Enterprise DB installer.  Everything works but I noticed on startup PostgreSQL is starting.  Being as this is a tiny computer with only 4GB of soldered in RAM I don?t want PostgreSQL or anything else not needed starting.

Where is the start up of PostgreSQL controlled in OS X Yosemite?

In system preferences => Users & Groups, there are no ?login items? for the PostgreSQL user, and for my user PostgreSQL is not listed, also /system/library/StartupItems is empty.

I know PostgreSQL did start because I can see it using RAM and I can log into it.

What do you think?

?
Eric Chadbourne