[Discuss] is it hard to install linux/ubuntu for dual boot on windows 7 ultimate?

It is not difficult on most computers. You insert the Linux install CD
or flash stick, reboot, and follow the prompts. On some computers you
will have to hit a hot key during boot to get the system to boot from
the CD or flash. Most hardware is supported; a few wireless interfaces
are troublesome but usually can be made to work.

The one set of computers where it is currently difficult: systems with
UEFI rather than BIOS and 32 bit processors. Basically, that means
Windows tablets and some really low end laptops. (The Windows tablets
also usually don't have enough flash storage for a second OS.) Systems
with UEFI and 64 bit processors (the majority of current systems) and
anything with BIOS is fine.

If you don't want to go it alone, BLU is having an Installfest on
Saturday. Details went out to the list recently.