[Discuss] Debian officially forked over systemd

On Sun, Nov 30, 2014 at 08:31:10AM -0800, Rich Braun wrote:
> Really? The best & brightest Linux minds in the world split over this issue?

It isn't even one issue.  Here's a post I recently came across that I
think sums up a lot off the issues:

  https://lists.debian.org/debian-ctte/2014/01/msg00591.html

> Most of the world has already moved on from the systemd debate 2
> years ago;

I don't think that's true at all.  The debate rages on in a lot of
quarters, and a lot of technology professionals have only heard about
it recently, as the recent versions of the distros they use have
started to default to systemd (and as they looked into why a bunch of
crap broke when they installed it).  Even in debian's own camp, a
number of core developers have restarted the debate, and ultimately
some of the issues outlined in the post I linked are what has led to
the fork of Debain.

-=-=-=-=-