[Discuss] [Position-available] Harvard Medical School Job Post: HPCC Storage Engineer

To post your own position-available or position-wanted
message, please follow the procedure at:
http://blu.wikispaces.com/job+posting+policy

Harvard Medical School Infrastructure Operations (IOPS) and Research Computing teams seek a HPCC Storage Engineer with strong experience in parallel file systems and high performance computing (HPC) in support of our world class Research.

Help us design implement and manage cutting edge data storage and management systems in our HPC environment.  The successful candidate will work closely with both the Infrastructure and Research Computing teams as well as our diverse user community.

The HPCC Storage Engineer position is full time, salaried.  Successful candidates will have demonstrated experience with parallel file systems (Lustre, GPFS, etc) and HPC.  We expect you to have a high level skill with hands-on experience of complex storage and computing architecture.  You will be eager to take on new challenges and help design systems to support and manage massive amounts of mission critical data.  You are highly self-motivated and eager to be part of a high performing committed team of IT professionals.

Duties & Responsibilities:

? Hardware deployment, configuration, maintenance, repairs, service-related issues.
? Configuration Management with; Ansible, Chef, Puppet, SALT or similar.
? Set up and troubleshooting node network connections.
? Management of shared network folders/volumes
? Advanced troubleshooting to completion and resolution, including vendor escalation when necessary.
? Management of the HPCC and storage infrastructure
? Management and utilization of hardware and software monitoring systems.
? Software patch management
? Hardware and software lifecycle management.
? Design and planning for expansion and future growth.
? Participating in user groups for 360-degree feedback, clientele feedback, and issue resolution.
? Provide detailed documentation related to HPCC and storage systems.
? Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation.
? This position will require occasional night and weekend work.

Basic Qualifications:

Bachelor?s degree, or equivalent professional experience. Seven plus years of IT experience with a minimum of 5 years in HPC/Storage Engineer positions with direct interaction with servers and hardware.

Apply Online: http://hmsiops.it/hpccstoreng2