[Discuss] systemd revisited

So, looks like Debian has received a sufficient number of complaints
regarding systemd to reopen discussions. There is genuine concern that,
given systemd's goal of taking over control of the entire operating
system, it will deprive users the freedom to choose init systems. To
wit, as it stands right now, if you want to use any of the supported
desktop environments on Jessie then you do not have a choice. systemd's
assumption of udev makes it a hard dependency.

Meanwhile, I've finally had enough of systemd causing problems on my
testing box. I ripped it out using the instructions posted here a few
months ago:

apt-get install sysv-rc sysvinit-core sysvinit-utils
edit /etc/udev/udev.conf to log at err or higher
update-initramfs -k all -u

Let it remove all of systemd's dependencies. Purged razorqt and a few
other things. Considered installing TWM but went with IceWM instead.
Rebooted, everything came back up correctly.

--
Rich P.